Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Winning streak now come to the END!





Every year Cambodia has a huge competition for all superior students in 3 different subjects (Khmer literature, Mathematics and Physics), both Junior and Senior, throughout the nation to compete nationally called National Level Top Student competition. Usually, there are 480 contestants, who has been selected from each areas (provinces and cities) coming from all the various places in Cambodia. This year likewise, the competition was held on the land of history and nature, Siem Reap Province from May 5 to May 12.

After a 3-day competition and another 3-day marking progression, the National Level Top Student selection has come to the end with 60 successive contestants, 10 contestants for each subject in each level. 24 of 69 Phnom Penh Municipal students have been selected with 4 Gold Medals, 3 Silver Medals and 3 Bronze Medals. Additionally, 8 of 19 Bak Touk Students have won the competition with 1 Gold Medal, 1 Silver Medal and 2 Bronze Medals. Actually, in overall Bak Touk High School Team is the best team this year; however, I personally want to say sorry to all my friends, supporters, school principles, all my relatives and especially mom and dad for my embarrassing performance which made most of you hopeless. Indeed, Silver medal would be joyful enough for most contestants, yet to me, it was with tear, hopelessness and sadness. It may be a really high ambition of me, but the main reason is that I still don’t why I have lost especially on the first day, hmmm... maybe it all my faults... my ability has already shown out of my best, still I couldn’t keep my position, poor me :(. I feel really embarrass, and a huge pressure seem to be put on my emotion though some of you have tried to encourage and remain supporting me.

Finally, I want to say sorry to everyone again and also want to say congratulation to Samrith, you finally beated me....

8 comments:

  1. hey.. smey! wil you just stop saying you're sorry??? hmmm.. i know that everyone had beleived and expected you to have that medal.. but guess what ?? when they anounced that you got the silver,we are still happy for you...it may seems not as good and perfect as the gold.. but it stil shinning.. and we still be proud to know it... and sure enough.. proud to be your fren.... !!! BFF

    baxia baxia! fighting... !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, Rina! thx lots for ya support... u r really ma best friend... I'll do all my best in IMO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. I just visit your blog.
    So it is so interesting blog.
    So congratulate of yours.
    you can went to Seim Reap province
    and you got the name of smart student of ....Oh sorry
    I did not which subjects.
    I am a student who studied in Bak Touk too.
    I got you blogspot by my friend who went to with you too.
    So nice blog.
    Nice to visit your nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Smey my name is Sna, I'm the HR manager of one company which also oversee one of the universities in Phnom Penh. I would like to get to know you better, and would like to give scholarships to you and your friends that won the competition to study in my university. If you interested please email me at kith_c@yahoo.com or 015 569797.

    We want to develop the talent people for our country.

    Good luck for your study

    ReplyDelete
  5. please arrive to visit www.4kunkhmer.wordpress.com u will see to news about your ! ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've tasted that kind of feelings. i knew the info about joining this competition juz 3 months before it start. it seems too late for Beltie to give such an info like that to me cuz Beltie will never have a chance to join it.

    before the national competition came, ma dream was to reach the medal. i knew it was hard for me but i believed i could do it.

    “winning is not important. the best thing is you can join it!” i've learned to accept dis phrase since i lost ma chance. i tried, and the other tried. so wat? let the fate to decide it. i wont claim for unchangeable things!

    cheers up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello! i have an ideas about how to type match into website but before u try it u have to download software call Match Type and using it with MS word and type the project u wanted and save it into web page or HTML by coming into File > Save as web page that all and than u have to find the photo of Match upload it into your website. ok hope u understand what i said ok happy merry Christmas to u.

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.4shared.com/file/54856535/b1019f64/MathType52c.html?dirPwdVerified=213baa8f

    please download it

    ReplyDelete